101 Mind-Blowing Digital Marketing Statistics
According to current digital marketing statistics, one of the key reasons digital sources are taking over traditional marketing channels is because they allow businesses to interact with their target audience in real time and engage with them in a meaningful way.
Another huge factor is affordability. Right now, you can craft an effective email and send it to hundreds of people without spending a dime. Think about it—Digital marketing vs traditional marketing statistics clearly show that going digital is way more affordable than utilizing traditional marketing channels.
That being said, it’s important to note that we’re more than halfway through 2018 and our world is more digitized than ever. The digital marketing industry continues to thrive, with artificial intelligence and voice search changing its landscape dramatically.
More and more businesses are implementing online sources in their marketing efforts, thereby leveraging the potential offered by the virtual world. So even if your business is doing well, you could be missing out on a huge number of leads by not trusting the digitized way of marketing.
To back up our claims, here are some amazing digital marketing stats for 2019 that show just how big of a deal the digital marketing realm is. Let’s jump right into it.
Digital Marketing Stats (Editors Choice)
- Google is responsible for 96% of all smartphone search traffic and 94% total organic traffic.
- Infographics are liked and shared on social media 3x more than any other type of content.
- Global mobile ad spending should reach $247.4 billion by 2020.
- 84% of people expect brands to create content.
- The average yield for email marketing is $44.25 on the dollar.
- Blogs with videos can increase organic search results by up to 157%.
- A video is shared 1,200% more than both links and text combined.
- 41% of clicks go to the top three paid ads on the search results page.
1. Better content can increase blog traffic by up to 2,000%.
Content is the pillar of a successful SEO strategy. Your content should be long, informative, and always high quality. Consequently, the better the content, the more traffic it will drive. According to these content marketing statistics, if you still haven’t made content your number one priority, now is the time to change this.
2. Google is responsible for 96% of all smartphone search traffic and 94% total organic traffic.
The rise of smartphone use gave Google a major boost. So nowadays it’s of the utmost importance to have a mobile-friendly and Google-friendly website to ensure users have a seamless experience.
3. Search engines drive 93% of all website traffic.
Of our digital marketing statistics, this one comes as no surprise. Search engines such as Google and Bing drive the majority of web traffic. Consequently, search engine optimization is a leading driver for organic ranking performance on search results and therefore the biggest factor in increasing organic prospect opportunities.
4. 84% of people will abandon a purchase if they’re dealing with an unsecure website.
Google already labels sites that are without HTTPS as “not secure” ones and potential customers will think twice before doing business with those sites. So to be safe, you better get an SSL certificate for your website.
5. WordPress accounts for 27% of all websites around the world, but only about 40% of WordPress sites are up to date.
Many digital marketing stats and facts suggest that WordPress is the most popular CMS on the web. Over the years there were many new and improved versions introduced for better performance and enhanced security measures. Surprisingly, there are many outdated WordPress sites across the web.
6. Link building is the most difficult SEO tactic to perform, according to 65% of marketers.
Link building a quality, diverse backlinks profile comes with many challenges, according to many digital marketing SEO stats. This tactic combines content, programming, and psychology to get other people to link to your site, making it one of the most complex SEO practices.
7. SEO has a 14.6% conversion rate compared to 1.7% for traditional outbound methods such as cold-calling or direct mail.
If you’re still doubting whether or not to employ search engine optimization, here’s a tip—go for it! Creating an appealing and lasting online presence with increased visibility is a must. According to recent digital marketing stats, websites ranked on Google’s first page receive 91.5% of clicks, thus increasing the conversion rate.
8. Organic SEO is about 5.66 times better than paid search ads.
When done correctly, SEO gets your website in front of your target audience, and organic results are a more respected resource compared to paid search ads. In fact, 70–80% of search engine users completely ignore paid ads and focus only on organic results.
9. 61% of companies name “growing SEO” as their biggest priority in 2018.
(Digital Strategy Consulting)
Digital marketing statistics show that only 61% of the global professionals believe their marketing efforts are truly effective. Many of them are optimistic about search engine optimization, putting it as their top priority this year.
10. Organic search drives 51% of content consumption.
Organic search is the largest source of traffic, topping paid search, which, on the other hand, drives significant revenue. Also, organic search tops social, which accounts for 5% of the total traffic.
11. Digital marketing statistics reveal infographics are liked and shared on social media 3x more than any other type of content.
Infographics help a business’s content stand out from the overabundance of plain text found across the internet. They offer original and engaging graphics that tend to be shared on social media more than any other type of visual content.
12. 81% of marketers found that increased traffic occurred with as little as six hours per week invested in social media marketing.
The social media phenomenon has turned into a key part of marketing. When you consider the 2.23 billion active Facebook users monthly and 336 million active users on Twitter monthly with these social media digital marketing stats, investing a few hours per week may turn out to be game changing for your business.
13. The average attention span in 2018 is eight seconds.
(Source Global Research)
That is to say, shorter than that of a goldfish, and each year it’s getting shorter and shorter as a result of the brain’s digitized lifestyle. To put it into perspective, the average attention span in 2000 was 12 seconds.
14. 71% of consumers who’ve had a good social media service experience with a brand are likely to recommend it to others.
Most digital marketing statistics reveal social media is an effective customer service tool that can help you increase brand engagement and win new customers. Check your accounts on a regular basis and make sure to respond to all comments and messages. Showing that you pay attention to your followers and interacting with them will help you establish a positive relationship, and thus, more recommendations.
15. Facebook ad spend increased 62% year-on-year.
Recent statistics about digital marketing prove that Facebook’s user base continues to grow, constantly pushing the advertising capabilities of this platform. Advertisers find Facebook’s advertising opportunities worthy, which results in continual investment in ads.
16. Top brands on Instagram are seeing a per-follower engagement rate of 4.21%, which is 58 times higher than on Facebook and 120 times higher than on Twitter.
(Website Hosting Grating)
Social media marketing statistics show that Instagram has grown to become a real powerhouse with the highest interaction rate among social media networks. Such a powerful platform shouldn’t be overlooked, and marketers need to start leveraging its potential sooner rather than later.
17. Instagram influencer marketing could reach $2 billion by 2019.
With one billion monthly active users, Instagram offers a huge potential for influencer marketing. This social media network offers amazing opportunities with a huge creative and financial stake.
18. Snapchat saw a whopping 234% year-on-year increase in ad spend in Q1, 2018.
(Mobile Marketing Magazine)
According to 4C Insights’s digital marketing data, this is the greatest revenue growth seen across the social and mobile platforms this year.
19. Over two billion messages are exchanged between brands and users each month.
Businesses use direct messaging as a means to engage with their customers in a powerful, personalized way. Companies work towards providing interactive experiences and transparent communication to their customers, thereby significantly improving customer service.
20. According to even more digital marketing stats, 2018, 40% of users would prefer to spend more money on companies and businesses who are engaging on social media.
No matter what niche you’re in, your customers are most likely on social media networks. Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram are the main platforms through which users receive information. So the bottom line is if you don’t have a proper online presence, you’re missing out. A lot!
21. If a post is longer than 1,500 words, it will likely have 68.1% more tweets and 22.6% more Facebook likes.
Of our digital marketing facts, this one is simple—people love comprehensive, informative content that completely covers all aspects of their query. And if they love your content, social shares will inevitably increase.
22. Articles with photographs receive 94% more views.
Visuals make it easier for readers to process information, which makes it more attractive to users. Photos capitalize on this, serving as quick attention grabbers. Statistics, tips, or graphics—the choice is entirely up to you.
23. Infographics allow companies to grow by 12% on average.
According to these digital marketing growth statistics, infographics boost your SEO efforts, drive traffic, increase your conversion rate, and serve as a powerful tool for building solid relationships. Long story short, by not creating infographics, you will be missing out on an enormous opportunity for quality growth.
24. 78% of CMOs believe that custom content is the future of marketing.
Offering a personalized online experience to your customers will surely increase the traffic to your site. This trend set off in 2017, and it’s here to stay, with more and more CMOs believing in it.
25. More digital marketing statistics show that 69% of digital media time is spent on mobile.
The frenetic rise of mobile usage pushed marketers to approach digital media from a new perspective. Nowadays, more than half of people use media via smartphones, which makes it imperative for you to offer the best mobile experience possible.
26. Global mobile ad spending should reach $247.4 billion by 2020.
The majority of users prefer using smartphones over laptops and desktops, which is the main reason marketers are heavily investing in it.
27. Location-targeted mobile ad spend is projected to grow from $17.1 billion in 2017 to $38.7 billion in 2022, according to stats on digital marketing industry growth.
Projections show that native and programmatic advertising, as well as remarketing, will become the most popular mobile advertising trends in the near future.
28. 52.52% of all searches begin on a mobile device.
As we already said, people prefer to perform searches on mobile instead of desktop (I mean, it’s 2018!). This is why optimizing for mobile search results is more important than ever.
29. 88% of mobile searches are for local businesses.
According to the most recent statistics for digital marketing, people will also call or go to that business within 24 hours. Note that an outstanding mobile-optimized website will significantly ease this decision.
30. 46% of adults prefer to use their mobile devices to search for items before purchasing them over their desktops or laptops.
Mobile devices are becoming a great supplement to online shopping. Shoppers are increasingly turning to mobile to research products, read reviews and ratings, and compare prices prior to making a purchase using a desktop or laptop.
31. Mobile traffic has a growth rate of 125%; desktop traffic is growing at a rate of 12%.
The business impact of mobile devices is huge. From Q1 2012 to Q1 2013, mobile traffic grew ten times faster than desktop.
32. 6.2 million people will have mobile devices in 2018.
Of our digital marketing stats and facts, this thoroughly proves the need for mobile-optimized websites.
33. 81% of smartphone users research products or services on their devices.
(My Marketing Coach)
Smartphones are everywhere, and people use them more than ever to research products or services and read reviews and testimonials. They are the most common device used, especially among younger individuals (under 35 years old) and females.
34. 71% of readers say they were turned off by content that seems like a sales pitch.
The goal of content marketing is to attract customers. But when using this practice, marketers often create content that sounds salesy and less trustworthy. However, only creating high-quality content that helps readers research a business idea and gain knowledge of an area in their own business will get you the desired results.
35. More content marketing statistics show that 40% of respondents want emails from brands to be less promotional and more informative.
People check their inbox at an average of 74 times a day. So they prefer receiving emails from brands that are informative and relevant to them.
36. 615 million devices have installed ad-blocking technology.
These digital marketing facts show that more and more consumers block the display of digital advertising in order to visit websites without interruptions. Publishers’ digital ad revenue has been significantly impacted by this trend.
37. 84% of people expect brands to create content.
They also expect content to be highly relevant and contribute to their well-being.
38. 91% of total ad spend is viewed for less than a second; as a result, $38 billion in digital ad spend was wasted in 2017.
(Social Media Today)
In other words, the majority of digital ads are not being viewed at all. In fact, per these digital marketing stats, only 35% of digital ads received any views, and of those, 9% were viewed for more than a second, and only 4% got more than 2 seconds of engagement.
39. The average person consumes 11.4 pieces of content before making a purchasing decision.
People want to do business with a brand only after they ensure it’s trustworthy and it gives them what they need. So if you want to win over new loyal customers, you need to make sure your message is carried across in the right way.
40. B2B digital marketing statistics demonstrate that 95% of B2B buyers consider whether content is trustworthy when evaluating a company and its offerings.
Content is arguably the most powerful marketing strategy of every business. It’s the first type of brand interaction and what your audience engages with. The more credible your content, the greater the trust your brand will enjoy.
41. 75% of consumers expect a consistent experience wherever they engage.
Here’s where machine learning and AI come in handy.
42. 85% of users ignore paid ads and focus on organic search results.
This statistic only proves the value of SEO.
43. According to B2B digital marketing statistics, 88% of marketers claim content as an evident part of marketing a business.
Content enables marketers to make their business a visible presence, leverage the power of SEO, and improve the brand’s credibility, as well as offer detailed information to the audience.
44. In the last six months, email opened by mobile devices increased by 80% worldwide.
(ADK Online Services)
The rate of emails opened by mobile devices will continue to grow in the years to come. Over half of consumers won’t see your emails if they are not optimized for mobile devices. On the other hand, having a mobile-responsive email design can result in a 30% higher click-through rate.
45. Average yield for email marketing is $44.25 on the dollar.
(Direct Sales Marketer)
Email is the most cost-effective marketing form. It’s affordable and it offers an outstanding return on investment. The reason behind such high ROI is that email provides a follow-up opportunity, which, in turn, boosts sales. Also, email is still one of the most engaging forms of communication, allowing you to build strong relationships with both current and future customers.
46. The global email user base is set to grow to 4.3 billion people in 2022.
Despite the fact that social media network platforms enable users to communicate easily and effectively, email remains extremely popular. Digital marketing growth statistics show that before the start of 2019, there will be over 3.8 billion email users, which is 100 million more than the previous year. The growth will continue, reaching 4.2 billion by 2022.
47. The total number of business and consumer emails sent and received per day reached 269 billion in 2017.
This figure is expected to grow exponentially, reaching about 320 billion daily emails exchanged in 2021.
48. Email marketing spending in the US will grow from $2.07 billion in 2014 to $3.07 billion in 2019.
Nowadays consumers value personalization, relevance, and benefits, which forces businesses to focus on catering their emails to the specific expectations of their recipients. This requires a lot of investment, leading to a significant growth in spending on email marketing.
49. Digital marketing ROI statistics show that email has an average of 122%, over 4x higher than other marketing formats, including social media, direct mail, and paid search.
(Colibri Digital Marketing)
Email accelerates the customer journey from one stage to the next more than paid traffic, content creation, or video creation. In other words, email is the channel generating the highest digital marketing ROI.
50. 86% of professionals prefer to use email when communicating for business purposes.
Even after the introduction of different communication channels, email is still the primary option for business purposes as it provides users with more meaningful engagement.
51. 89% of marketers said that email was their primary channel for lead generation.
As stats about digital marketing prove, email is one of the most proven forms of digital marketing and the primary channel for lead generation, and this has been confirmed by 89% of email marketers.
52. 78% of consumers unsubscribe from emails because brands were sending too many emails.
Personalized direct mail can help you avoid this. Forget about generic direct mail and send highly targeted content to gain loyal subscribers.
53. Emails not optimized for mobile devices get deleted by 80.3% of users.
Mobile should be a priority. In fact, digital marketing statistics have shown that mobile will account for 20–75% of email opens, depending on your target audience, email type, and product.
54. 3 out of 10 users unsubscribe from a list if the emails are not mobile optimized.
By not optimizing the emails for mobile, you’re won’t be able to use this marketing channel to its full potential. So double check whether emails look good on all devices and optimize the images and subject lines so that they read well on smaller screens.
55. Marketers have witnessed an increase of 760% in email revenue from segmented campaigns.
This is one of the most fascinating digital marketing facts! Although creating specific emails for each segmented group takes more time, you’ll be creating more effective email marketing campaigns. Sending fewer emails that are more relevant to your subscribers increases revenue by 760% (yes, that’s right, 760%!).
56. Segmented email campaigns get 14.31% more opens and 100.95% more clicks than nonsegmented campaigns.
(Above the Fold Agency)
Break down your subscribers into groups based on factors like interests, gender, age, or location, and serve them the curated content and offers that they’re most likely to act on.
57. 51% of marketers consider email list segmentation to be the most effective personalization tactic for effective email marketing.
(Business 2 Community)
Of our statistics about digital marketing, this one is pretty obvious when you take into consideration the above-mentioned statistics. Ensure your segmentation strategy caters to the needs and expectations of your audience, and success will inevitably come.
58. Transactional or triggered emails have 8x more opens and substantially greater revenue than regular bulk emails.
To be more precise, they have an open rate of 45.70%, a click-through rate of 10.75%, and a click-to-open rate of 23.52%, as per digital marketing statistics in 2018. The spam rate and unsubscribe rate is notably low—only 0.58%.
59. 2% of customers open an email due to the discount it offers, and 62% of customers open it due to the personalized subject line.
Email is a more direct way to reach your customers, and it’s a more cost-effective way to get business as it excels in customer retention.
60. 47% of email recipients open email based on the subject line.
Don’t underestimate the power of a good subject line—these statistics for digital marketing reveal it can bring in new customers, reconnect old ones, and even drive sales.
61. 68% of email recipients report email as spam based solely on the subject line.
The subject line is the first impression your email makes, and it can make or break your effort.
62. The average length of a top ten page has 2,000 words.
Gone are the days when you could write a 500-word blog post and get Google to like you. Nowadays, you need to create longer, meaningful content to rank better.
63. Stats about digital marketing reveal that blogs with images receive 94% more views than blogs that are text only.
A picture, infographic, or video adds value to articles by clearly illustrating a point and adding more emotion. Plus, they’re quick attention grabbers.
64. Blogs with videos can increase organic search results by up to 157%.
With Google’s algorithms increasingly prioritizing sites with video content, you can’t afford to ignore it.
65. Recent digital marketing data reveals that 80% of blogs will send out email newsletters as a way to reinforce their content.
Newsletters can provide excellent value that goes beyond sales. It informs your customers about your content and helps you establish your brand as trustworthy. Of course, in order for you to see results, the newsletter should be crafted according to the preferences of your target audience.
66. People spend about 37 seconds on a blog post.
Usually, they’re skimming through to find the most relevant content. So make sure to optimize your blog for readability and capture their attention while also communicating the most important information.
67. 29% of the top marketers will make a plan on how to reuse their content.
One of the most widely known digital marketing facts in 2018 is that marketers are ready to make adjustments and updates to their old content in order to meet new and changing customer needs.
68. 61% of readers will make a purchase based on a blog’s recommendation.
People trust authority blogs and consider them the most important source of information to make buying decisions.
69. The top 5% of videos will hold 77% of a viewer’s attention for the duration.
Your can also increase the engagement rates by 28% if you invest in professionally written content alongside video product demos or similar information.
70. 81% of internet users agree that blog posts are trusted sources of information or advice.
When people look for information online to make a decision, they want to read options, compare products, and hear about customer experiences. Based on this digital marketing data, blogs offer an amazing opportunity to satisfy their needs, and marketers can pose as a credible source by offering a unique take on the specific problem they solve.
71. The number of inbound links for a company can increase by up to 97% if they have a blog.
This one is pretty obvious, right? But keep in mind that merely having a blog won’t do the trick. You need to establish a specific strategy in order to be successful.
72. 55% of bloggers routinely check their analytics.
These bloggers understand the importance of digital marketing statistics. It’s important to realize that checking the analytics gives you important insight into your website traffic and the effectiveness of your marketing efforts.
73. Video content is 50 times more likely to drive organic search results than plain text.
This is partly because the competition for video content is still much lower than that of text pages, making it easier to rank well.
74. 65% of business decision makers visit a marketer’s website after viewing a branded video.
Video can be used in every stage of the buyer’s journey with amazing results since decision makers are more likely to visit a website if they’ve seen a branded video. Ultimately, digital marketing statistics suggest that they also stay on the site an average of 2 minutes longer than those who don’t view videos.
75. Video is shared 1,200% more than both links and text combined.
Text tells and video shows—that’s the main reason behind the popularity of video. It allows them to interact with customers on multiple levels and shows the brand’s identity, giving them a chance to connect with it on a more emotional level.
76. Video will represent 80% of all internet traffic by 2019.
These numbers are up from 67% in 2016’s digital marketing statistics. Video is one of the fastest-growing marketing forms, and its domination on overall internet traffic is set to continue in the years to come.
77. 58% of people stop watching a video within the first 90 seconds.
Only 37% of viewers watch an average video all the way to the end. So make sure to keep your videos short and sweet; tell the story you want while also maintaining clarity.
78. 20% of visitors read text, 80% will watch a video.
(Dental Marketing Expert)
A video makes information more digestible and engaging, communicating it in a more understandable way. So if your website doesn’t have any videos, you’re missing a big opportunity to tell your story and reach a broader audience.
79. After watching a video, 64% of users are more likely to buy a product online.
(The Marketing Blog)
If you care about your digital marketing ROI, keep in mind that simply creating a video is not enough—you have to do it right. Make sure to keep it informal and chatty—75% of customers didn’t buy a certain product simply because they found the voiceover annoying. Also, according to consumers, an explainer video should be one minute long.
80. 46% of small businesses do not have a website.
(Page One Click)
One of the top excuses for not having a website is that it isn’t relevant to their business. But this stat only demonstrates the importance of digital marketing statistics. Regardless of the niche, if your business involves customers, you need to have an online presence.
81. 51% of Americans prefer to shop online, and ecommerce is growing 23% year-over-year.
(Page One Click)
As a result, retailers are doubling-down on their ecommerce efforts at a rapid pace. This trend is expected to evolve at an even faster pace as brands are embracing omni-channel options and adopting voice search.
82. The average revenue per click for a Bing Shopping Ad is $4.43.
This is higher than the average revenue per click for Google Shopping Campaigns, which is $3.58. In regards to this piece of digital marketing data, the difference is mostly because fewer people use Bing as their ad engine, resulting in less competition and cheaper costs per click.
83. Google Ads (formerly Google AdWords) results receive 65% of the clicks that started with buying keywords, while organic results only receive 35%.
Purchase the best, most profitable keywords for your content. However, don’t give up once you land a visitor. Instead, display relevant products or a specific product page related to their search and get the most out of it.
84. Businesses make an average of $2 in income for every $1 they spend in Google Ads.
(Google Economic Impact)
See, these digital marketing ROI statistics show that placing search results for your website on a search engine results page by paying for them can be very profitable for your business.
85. 41% of clicks go to the top three paid ads on the search results page.
Paid advertising offers an amazing opportunity to reach parts of your target audience that are otherwise unreachable. Think about it: if you focus solely on traditional SEO, that 41% might never even see your content.
86. PPC visitors are 50% more likely to purchase something than organic visitors.
PPC campaigns drive different kinds of traffic than SEO campaigns. So if your goals are immediate conversions, testing, or product sales, PPC is the way to go.
87. 65% of B2B companies have acquired a customer through LinkedIn paid ads.
LinkedIn users are more likely to do business with someone they find on the platform. Correspondingly, this statistic isn’t surprising to those paying attention to B2B digital marketing statistics. With this in mind, LinkedIn is the perfect place to generate more leads and build up your customer list.
88. Display advertising has proven to increase traffic to websites by 300%.
(Online Marketing Gurus)
PPC campaigns can help support a specific service or product, and even a campaign or the launch of a new website, with immediate turnaround results.
89. Digital ad spend is expected to grow to $93,750,406,486.25 in 2018.
In addition, according to the projected digital marketing industry growth, by 2020 digital’s share of total advertising will near 50%.
90. The world will spend $1 trillion by 2021 reinventing the web to make it mobile first.
(Another Brilliant Idea)
Indeed, progressive web apps will have replaced 50% of general-purpose, consumer-facing mobile apps, providing amazing functionality and beautiful design.
91. Voice and image-based searches are going to make up at least 50% of all searches by 2020.
More and more people are adopting voice search, taking advantage of this technology on a daily basis to perform a wide range of activities. According to recent voice search stats, 325 million people are already searching through the internet using voice search, and—if you want to take advantage of these digital marketing facts for 2018 and on—know that this number will grow dramatically in the years to come.
92. Facebook’s display advertising revenues will hit $23.89 billion of ad spend, equal to 43.7% of ad spend by 2019.
Facebook’s growth is due to expansion in usage and time spent, which are serious factors for drawing in numerous advertisers. Additionally, there’s Instagram, which now makes up to 20% of its parent’s mobile revenue.
93. More than $65 billion will be spent on programmatic digital display advertising by 2020.
But with ad buyers relying more and more on programmatic to enhance their campaigns with third-party insights, this number will grow rapidly.
94. 2.5% of all US digital display ads will be bought via automated channels in 2018.
It’s predicted that by the end of this year, $46 billion will have gone to programmatic advertising in the US, which, according to recent digital marketing statistics, is $10 billion more than last year.
Digital Marketing Fun Facts
95. India is the country with the most Facebook users.
In July 2017, Facebook reported a total of 241 million active users in India, compared to 240 million in the US.
96. About eight new LinkedIn groups are created every week.
Facebook and Instagram may have stolen the marketing spotlight, but LinkedIn is also a popular marketers’ base. LinkedIn Groups are an amazing place for businesses aiming to cultivate a valuable community; hence the huge popularity.
97. Recent digital marketing stats show that just a few years ago, the fastest growing group on Twitter was grandparents.
Younger generations are well saturated. Therefore, people moving into old age are doing so with a lot of technological sophistication.
98. Only 17% of B2B purchasers are looking to use an online chat feature.
Surprisingly, customers prefer email over online chat with companies.
99. The average business professional receives 121 and sends 40 emails a day.
To put it into context, if your company has 1,000 employees, there will be 40,000 business emails sent daily from your team, which translates into a staggering 10,000,000 emails annually.
100. Tweets with images get 150% more retweets than those without.
Additionally, digital marketing stats have shown that tweets with images receive 18% more clicks and 89% more favorites. Images make your tweet look appealing and stand out in the user streams. The more colorful the image, the better!
101. Digital media is expected to generate 44%, or roughly $237 billion, of all ad money spent globally in 2018.
This figure roughly matches the combined offline ad spend, including billboards, TV, and print ads. The digital media ad spend is expected to generate 50%, or $291 billion, by 2020.
Wrapping it up
Over the last decade, digital marketing industry growth has been huge and continues to evolve. Nowadays, the internet is part of our daily lives, and it’s being used for multiple purposes, taking the marketing focus a step away from traditional sources.
Running a successful business is all about leveraging the right kind of marketing techniques to reach your target audience and eventually convert them into leads or customers.
So if you want your business to thrive, just look at our list of outstanding digital marketing statistics, and you’ll know what your next step should be.